Monday, April 2, 2012

Snorkel trip

Yesterday we woke up early and headed out on a 5 hour snorkel cruise. The wind was blowing and the waves were rolling. It wasn't a good boating day. The boat took an hour to get to Molokini crater and Mark was feeling queasy half way there. The boat would stop and look at whales and dolphins a couple times but the boat would Rock even more slowly. By the time we got there Mark was ready to get off. Thankfully getting into the water helped him, but it was so wavy that Ashton got in the water and got back out. He didn't like it at all. Ashton and I found some shade on the boat and had lunch and watched the people snorkel. Ben said there wasn't much to see in the waters, but it was a pretty place. Ben and Hannah looked like they were having fun. On the way home we saw some huge sea turtles. That was the highlight of the trip for me. Mark was glad to be off the boat! (I am sure that was Mark's highlight of the day!)

By the time we got back to the hotel, the sun was out and it was a good time for the pool. I was feeling extremely sick with my cold at that point, but at least Mark and I took turns because I could function on the boat for Ashton and he could function in the pool for him. At least Ashton's cough is gone, and Mark looks great.

No comments: